For the
Myth round I chose to do Krampus. I was first introduced to this mythological creature by the TV Show Grimm. The thought of a monster that punishes children, as jolly St. Nick gives them presents, fascinated me.
I found some interesting information about Krampus on
wikipedia and
Krampus.com. I didn't look through the
image search when painting the figure, but there are some pretty disturbing depictions.
What I neglected to mention as I rushed to get in my post, is that the figure is from
Reaper and was sculpted by Jason Wiebe.
I'm not totally pleased with the photos, I wanted to soften the background by shooting in macro mode. It softened the focus on the base a little too much.
This was also my first use of snow flock. I mixed GW snow with glue and water to try and get a wet look. The lighting and the focus caused it to blow out pretty white.
I intend to use him for a Beastman unit one day. The running joke this year in the challenge is to call Curt the Snowlord, partly due to his 1812 retreat from Moscow project last year. So I thought that Krampus would bellow "Snow for the Snowlord!" I have a concept for a Chaos snowflake, but haven't executed it yet.
0 Comments