Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Great War in Greyscale - Early War German Infantry Reinforcements & Row-House Buildings (130 points)



I took advantage of the '5-4-4' deal from Renegade Miniatures to augment my existing WWI models which were mostly from Great War Miniatures.



I find these Renegade sculpts to be fairly chunky, but they have a pleasing solidness about them and really possess a lot of character. I particularly like the various facial details like their bushy moustaches, wire-rimmed glasses and expressive mouths. 




Taking a cue from Sidney, I decided to mount about half of this force in pairs to allow easier movement during play. In addition, I think the paired-figure bases allow for interesting mini-vignettes. I'll be going back to rebase some of my Belgians and French along these lines.


I've also included a few photos of my completed greyscale ruined row-houses from Kobblestone Miniatures.




I'm now working on a few of the non-damaged facades. You can see one work-in-progress, below to the left, which features an elegant second-floor curved balcony. The sidewalks are a nice touch as well. They neatly slip under the building frames and do a great job in finishing the look of the buildings. 



I'm going to order few of their new end panels and probably another row-house 'module' to  be able to fill out the core of a village.

These 26 Landsers will give me 130 points.

Post a Comment

0 Comments