Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A fine way to start the weekend

Sunrise at Lake Padden

A dozen or so of us ladies met at Lake Padden for our Saturday loop twice around the lake. I had heard that recently the lake had completely frozen over, and that people were out walking and skating on it. If you look closely at that picture, you can see there is still some ice in the foreground of the lake, but the ducks and geese were in some open areas. Recently we had such a cold snap that many of our small lakes froze right up. I found some pictures on Facebook to prove it.
Taken ten days ago at Lake Padden
I even heard this morning about someone out there with a baby stroller, pushing his little one around on the ice. Frankly, I don't think it was such a good idea, but apparently the ice was solid enough that nobody fell through. In fact, the picture below made me laugh.
Ice hockey
Yes, some of these guys must have grown up around Minnesota and hauled out their gear in nostalgia for those other places in our country where they might have lived. Or maybe there really are ice hockey teams around here somewhere? In any event, Lake Padden no longer frozen all the way across. Although it was cold this morning, right around freezing, in comparison to these pictures, it was balmy.
:-)

Post a Comment

0 Comments