Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Maangchi's Kimchi Pancakes - Kimchijeon



Another delicious recipe from Maangchi - Kimchi Pancakes or Kimchijeon in Korean ;). I had always wanted to try this recipe because I love Korean pancakes and I love kimchi, so nothing could go wrong, especially because Maangchi's videos are always so clear and easy-to-follow :).




This time I used my homemade kimchi (recipe can be found here) - my first time making kimchi, and I was amazed how easy it was actually making kimchi yourself at home!! I always hesitated making kimchi at home because I thought it would be too hard to make, but I was completely wrong. The process itself was very easy with 100% success rate if you follow the step-by-step instructions from Maangchi, you just have to be patient because there's a quite long waiting time - 4 hours in total to get your kimchi ready (but basically, you don't really have to do anything during these 4 hours, you just leave your kimchi alone and do your own things while waiting).

Now, let's watch the video below (from Maangchi) to see how to make kimchi pancakes :)! I made both types, Kimchijeon with chopped kimchi and Kimchijeon with whole kimchi leaves.




Here is my adapted recipe for Kimchijeon with chopped kimchi. I added some seafood too and oyster sauce instead of salt (I love my oyster sauce...!!)

Kimchijeon with Chopped Kimchi and Seafood

Serves 2 - 4

150 g flour

546

150 g water

0

150 g squid

139

50 g shrimps

45

100 g chopped kimchi

27

3 tbs kimchi juice

2?

½ tsp sugar

8

1 tbs oyster sauce

1

½ onion, chopped

25

2 tbs oil (for frying)

240

TOTAL

1033


517 per serving (for 2 people)


258 per serving (for 4 people)





Dipping sauce

  • 5 tbs soy sauce
  • 100 ml hot water
  • 1/2 tbs sugar
  • 1 tbs chopped onion
  • 1/2 tbs chopped green onions
  • 1 tsp chopped chili
  • 1 tbs sesame oil
  • roasted sesame seeds









And this is my adapted recipe for kimchijeon with whole kimchi leaves...I slightly like this version of kimchijeon better :).

Kimchijeon with Whole Kimchi Leaves

Serves 7

7 kimchi leaves (around 100 g)

27

150 g ground pork

308

125 g minced tofu

88

1 tbs oyster sauce

1

½ onion, chopped

25

1 egg

70

1 tbs chopped chives

1

1 tsp sesame oil

60?

Flour for coating the kimchi leaves

300??

TOTAL

1120 calories


160 calories per serving





Yummy...!









Bookmark and Share

Post a Comment

0 Comments