My laptop charger is on it's last leg so keeping up with my blog(and my obsession with reading blogs!) as proven to be very difficult. As I sit here writing this blog, I am totally indulging in one of my favorite treats of the season, fresh fudge! yum.
While I have been tortured my my lack of internet time lately, I have been filling in the gaps watching movies. As I'm sure you've noticed, although I do consider myself to be pretty intelligent, I can be quite dim at times. Early this week my husband requested that I rent Zombie Diaries.
I thought maybe he wanted to rewatch it because I was sure we had already seen it, and I remember thinking that it was pretty mediocre. I have a hard time giving movies a bad review but I didn't remember liking it enough for a second viewing. So we put in the movie and realized, AGAIN, that I am an idiot. For an avid horror fan and video store employee, I'm really good at muddling up different movies. I was confusing Zombie Diaries with Diary of the Dead. Thank goodness for my husband, I might not have ever seen Zombie Diaries if it wasn't for him.
I really liked Zombies Diaries. It was a little more realistic than other video diary type movies I've seen in the past. It definitely had it's flaws but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I would definitely watch it again, unlike Diary of the Dead which didn't do much for me. I think what I really liked is I found myself thinking about what I would do to survive, where I would go. I know we all do this, proud of how clever we are at our zombie apocalypse survival skills, but it felt more necessary during this flick. Serious planning going on. Also the end just totally sucked me in. In most apocalyptic type movies the human villains seem so fake to me, almost expected. But the psychos in this this movie really freaked me out. A lot. I almost felt like I was going to tear up for the poor camera guy, but I was too freaked out. For me the realistic acting during the end really made this movie a success for me.
Speaking of Zombie movies, Specifically Diary of the Dead, I also watched Survival of the Dead. this was my least favorite of the movies I've seen lately, but I'll talk about what I liked first. Visually it was good, especially when they where on the island. I liked how the nature was more on the beautiful side as opposed to when they use weedy, rundown, creepy forests as the outdoors backdrop in horror films. And the acting wasn't horrible. I also liked how this movie has us following the villains from it's predecessor. That is where My likes stop there was supposed to be a certain level of humor mixed in with the horror, but I didn't find much of it funny. Idk, maybe I just didn't get it but I normally love comic horror. And the plot didn't run smooth for me at all, I really didn't care about anything going on in the movie or anyone character for that matter. Basically I thought it was boring and found myself reading my gossip mag more than paying attention. I really tried to like this movie, but it just didn't happen. Sorry George.
Btw, I do have another award I haven't gotten to yet, that will coming soon.






0 Comments