Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

In which, I am Offended

This is so damn stupid! More discussion about the Grindhouse Edition.
Greg's Comment:

"Furthermore,
1. In the past, there has been a lot of negative attention on RPGs because of perceived "immoral" aspects.
2. This kind of behavior risks that kind of thing coming back down on the hobby
--------
Therefore, I don't think it is a good idea to create such material."
I find that offensive. My reply on the same comment thread:
This is why my grandfather fought in WW II. So you can wimp out and declare that fear should censor our artistic vision.

An obvious reply, but fucking true.
Greg's obtuse answer:

@ James
Is that a new variant of Godwin's Law? Acts have to be judged as worthy in light of the WWII victory?
Greg, you ignorant slut! This isn't a case of Godwin's Law. I'm not comparing you to Hitler. I'm comparing you to Chamberlain.

TSR was wrong to make concessions to the Satanic Panic of the 80's. Your wanting to appease moralists and declaring:
 "Therefore, I don't think it is a good idea to create such material."
Is offensive.

I find your lack of self-respect, offensive.

Post a Comment

0 Comments