Do you have a spot where you can steal away
on a summer's day?
A secret nook to read a book...
sip a glass of iced tea...
listen to the birds...
have a little snooze...
feel the breeze...
and get away from it all?
A place where you won't hear,
"MOM! WHAT CAN I EAT???"
If you do,
I'll be right over.
The idea for my garden nook came about
when we did some landscaping last summer,
which left a little clearing
just off the side of the yard.
My friend's beautiful secret garden
that I posted about last summer
was another source of motivation.
I was busy pinning inspiration photos all winter long...
daydreaming about the ideal little bistro set,
rusted to perfection...
interesting decorative accents...
lush foliage...
pretty pillows...
I had it all laid out in my mind.
Yeah, well..
it didn't quite work out like that.
When it came right down to it,
I couldn't see spending lots of money
on things that no one can really see.
I know, I know...
it's not supposed to be seen...
otherwise, it wouldn't be a "secret," duh.
But when it comes to certain things,
I'm frugal like that.
I decided to work with what I had, for the most part.
It's amazing what you can find
when you shop your own house.
I started with a weathered red bench,
that used to reside on my deck.
I think it came from LL Bean, a few years ago.
It didn't really fit in with the rest of my deck furniture,
so moving it made sense.
I like that you can see the red through the trees from the deck.
I accessorized with things I had...
Flower pots...
Lanterns...
A wagon wheel...
A little table covered with a napkin...
when we did some landscaping last summer,
which left a little clearing
just off the side of the yard.
My friend's beautiful secret garden
that I posted about last summer
was another source of motivation.
I was busy pinning inspiration photos all winter long...
daydreaming about the ideal little bistro set,
rusted to perfection...
interesting decorative accents...
lush foliage...
pretty pillows...
I had it all laid out in my mind.
Yeah, well..
it didn't quite work out like that.
When it came right down to it,
I couldn't see spending lots of money
on things that no one can really see.
I know, I know...
it's not supposed to be seen...
otherwise, it wouldn't be a "secret," duh.
But when it comes to certain things,
I'm frugal like that.
I decided to work with what I had, for the most part.
It's amazing what you can find
when you shop your own house.
I started with a weathered red bench,
that used to reside on my deck.
I think it came from LL Bean, a few years ago.
It didn't really fit in with the rest of my deck furniture,
so moving it made sense.
I like that you can see the red through the trees from the deck.
I accessorized with things I had...
Flower pots...
Lanterns...
A wagon wheel...
A little table covered with a napkin...
oh, and watermelon (heh-heh)
I painted some terra-cotta flower pots,
and stacked them to make a table.
I did purchase a few things...
The lobster pillow at Home Goods...
The sundial from Joss and Main...
and the bird feeder from Home Goods.
So, although it didn't turn out to look like
what I had in my mind's eye,
it's a start, and it will evolve.
One way or another,
by "nook" or by crook...
I'll get it to be closer to the look I envisioned.
You may also like:
Linking With:
Bouquet of Talent
Best of the Weekend
Metamorphosis Monday
Tweak It Tuesday
A Return To Loveliness
The Scoop
Wow Us Wednesday
Wake Up Wednesday
What's It Wednesday
Home and Garden Thursday
The Weekend Social
Let's Get Real
Home Sweet Home
Feathered Nest Friday
Simple and Sweet Friday
Eat! Create! Party!
Weekend Bloggy Reading
Sunday Showcase
Treasure Box Tuesday
Time To Sparkle
what I had in my mind's eye,
it's a start, and it will evolve.
One way or another,
by "nook" or by crook...
I'll get it to be closer to the look I envisioned.
You may also like:
![]() |
| A Secret Garden Full Of Treasures |
| Emergency Landscaping: Dial 911 |
Linking With:
Bouquet of Talent
Best of the Weekend
Metamorphosis Monday
Tweak It Tuesday
A Return To Loveliness
The Scoop
Wow Us Wednesday
Wake Up Wednesday
What's It Wednesday
Home and Garden Thursday
The Weekend Social
Let's Get Real
Home Sweet Home
Feathered Nest Friday
Simple and Sweet Friday
Eat! Create! Party!
Weekend Bloggy Reading
Sunday Showcase
Treasure Box Tuesday
Time To Sparkle

















0 Comments