Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Winter project link-up - November

Jennifer's winter link-up party is my favourite of all link-ups and I am always really looking forward to the next instalment. Did you see the fabulous sampler Jennifer is stitching for her daughter? I wish that was me. It has been a long time since someone crafted something for me.






I don't seem to find any energy to work on my two projects, a knitted jumper and Sam's quilt. Most evenings, I just stare into the distance or watch mindless TV programmes. I did however go to a stitching Sunday at the Stitchery just before our half term three weeks ago and I very nearly finished Sam's quilt top. When I laid it out at the end of the afternoon, it didn't look quite the right proportion, it was too narrow and I added another two rows to satisfy my need for the 'right' proportions. It is now 12 squares by 15 squares in size. If my maths is correct, this is 159 cm x 192 cm (60' x 75'). I don't know if this is a standard size - probably not - but it looks right to me. This was three weeks ago and I haven't touched the quilt top since. I enjoyed stitching it.

With the leftover fabric I am planning to make a stripe across the shorter length. I bought a masculine darkish grey flat sheet in Ikea (£9) as a background for the stripe. If there is still fabric left then, I'll use it to make binding.

Now that I am writing this I would like to get my sewing machine set-up... but unfortunately, our living conditions are not conducive to sewing at the moment. I have booked a place for the next Sunday sewing meet-up at the Stitchery at the end of November and it will have to wait until then. I hope to finish the back in time for the next link-up. Then, in time for Christmas, I'll be ready to quilt, by hand. Imagine a beautifully scented Christmas tree, a couple of candles and a glass of mulled wine. Just the one so the stitches stay straight.

In other news, I have been thinking of making socks. I haven't knitted a single sock since my year of socks, when I designed 12 different pairs (you are welcome to use the patterns, they are all on the blog). I only have drab grey sock wool in but I think it would make a fine pair of socks to wear with my Doc Martens. It is that time of year.

What are you making? I'd love to see it!

Thanks for stopping by and saying hello. Have a lovely day. xx

Post a Comment

0 Comments