Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Shopping with the Frugal purse

After a couple of days of sunshine and a little bit of warmth the remaining few daffy's have opened up, these are tiny ones, about 4" high and were a gift in a pot about 5 years ago which I transfered to the garden.  The blasted rabbits have eaten nearly all the bulbs in the garden over the past couple of years and these have only survived because they are close to the house.  The stones in the picture look more like boulders but they are only the size of pebbles.


 As its Thursday its our shopping day and time to give the frugal purse an outing and a bit of a feed, £50 to be exact, the money remaining from last week £6.62 has gone into the stockpiling tin along with £10 from the week before, until the end of the month. So armed with my list and £50 budget I went first to Lidl..
 I bought all the fruit and veg for the week along with some yogurt and nuts, there should have been a pack of bacon and some upset tummy tablets but they had been put away before the piccie was taken.  This lot came to £18.27.

Then it was off to Sainsburys, I don't often go here but when I do we tend to stock up on a few basics that we really like.  The cheese was on bogof at £3.69 so that will be grated and popped into the freezer, the cooking bacon looks more like bacon chops and small pieces, I bought 3 of those, they are excellent value for money and once sorted they will be frozen for a later date.  We will probably have bacon chop, poached egg and sweetcorn fritters on the menu one night next week. I also bought a big bag  of frozen peas and one of frozen peppers and 4 x 4pts of milk, hubby had put these away as soon as we got home, this shop totalled £17.58.  So my shopping for this week came to £35.85 well under my budget and enough food for the week and beyond.  As always these days my menu plan is in the basic stages for next week.

I have £14.15 left in the frugal purse for the rest of the week, I know I need to buy eggs still (£2) but lets see how much of that can be saved until the next shopping day.

How is your budgeting going, is it going to plan or has it flown out of the window......


Take care and thank you for popping by


ETA £10.98 spent at Misson mill and £2 on a dozen eggs  so only £1.17 in the frugal purse :-(

Post a Comment

0 Comments