Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

IF IT’S TUESDAY: This must be Santorini

Santorini. More beautiful than your imagination.



Even the plastic chairs and TV aerials cannot distract from the natural beauty of this very special place on earth. The year I took this photo ..1996. After travelling through Italy for seven weeks it seemed ‘necessary’ to rest up in the Greek Islands before returning home. Of course, the Greek Islands is the last place you should visit to rest physically. The mental break more than compensates.



beingruby_santorini_3





As mentioned in my Mykonos post [here], I missed seeing Santorini on my first trip to Europe. So back I went, this time determined to make Santorini the first destination. I was only there 3 days and let me say it was hard to leave, and in many respects I never have. Something changed in me during this time.



Not a tangible change. More a discovery of the potential to be free. Free of one’s personal boundaries that tie much tighter than those imposed by others. A letting go. Places of great beauty can do this to you. They cast their spell and spin their magic [sorry cliché but true].





beingruby_santorini_4





I’d like to say I live each day now free, but of course back in my ‘real’ life I quickly fell back to old habits. What I have retained though, is this distant memory, a knowledge, or promise of what is possible.



.



Here’s to Personal Freedom



It’s all in your mind!





Ciao Julie



xxx

.

IMAGE SOURCE: [beingRuby]

Post a Comment

0 Comments