Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A New Project

Much as I am enjoying the challange of creating all the little matchbox books it is good to have a new project to work on. Last week I met with some people from The Folk Museum in Cambridge to discuss a project to coincide with both the Jubilee celebrations and the Olympic torch passing through the city.
 

The people at the museum are collecting memories of street parties from Cambridge residents and I have been asked to help turn those memories into bunting. I decided that using old embroidered table linen would provide the link with the theme of tea parties and I would embroider snippets of each memory onto the flags.


Each one will have the date and the place and a few other key words to capture the essence of the memory.


But I need some help. My supply of table linens is quite sparse, the charity shops etc have next to nothing, I have a limited budget and I know that it is in high demand... so I'm on the scrounge again! If any readers have any scraps of old embroidered table linens that I could use could I make a plea that you send them my way. I don't want your treasured heirlooms or anything of any value sentimental or otherwise but any pieces or scraps, in any condition, whether stained or in holes will be perfect as I will be piecing them together. I know you have always been so supportive of my projects in the past... so I've got my fingers crossed.


It's been a busy weekend - teaching on Saturday and then a large part of yesterday spent making the bunting samples to show the museum so there hasn't been as much book making as I might have hoped. Just one...


My brief was Blue and Green... Sea colours


So I made an embroidered cover for the box and the book is a tiny flag book with folded envelopes to hold the pages. I've a couple more to make with blue as the theme so I might work on those next... as well as some more of the Jubilee books. The ones in my shop have sold (thank you!) so I'll try to get some more there by the end of the week.


And last but not least... Su has been picked to receive "The Fine Colour of Rust". All I ask Su is that is you also pass it on when you've read it and make your own list of Pleasing Things for us to read!

Post a Comment

0 Comments