And we're not okay, tbh. It's all super exciting and bittersweet because we're still missing him, but moving on, and glad he's happier, etc. etc. It's all a jumble of emotions, but Zayn's new song tease and talk of his solo album is what we'll focus on for now.
In a chat with FADER magazine, which includes a teaser for his first track, "Befour," Zayn talks about his musical influences, explaining, "As I got older, I started listening to my dad's old records like 90s stuff, a lot of R&B and a lot of rap."
He also explained: "I don't feel like people really know what I'm going to give them, musically. Once they hear it, I feel like they will understand me a little bit more, and they'll understand why I did what I did, and why I left the band, and why I had to write this s**t down."
We're so looking forward to hearing what Zayn's going to deliver.
And then there's this...a quote most likely to be interpreted by some as a One Direction diss, but we totally get where he's coming from. Zayn explained more about his choice to move on: "It's nice to come out of a place where you're being told what to do and to be a certain way because of certain expectations or certain things that people want to see. It is just all my perspective and that's fully liberating..."
via Source

0 Comments