Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Layla Hologram Effect Misty Blush

I was super excited to see earlier this year that Layla was going to release eight more shades in the their Hologram Effect line (I heard it from The Holo Queen, my go to source for all things holographic). Thanks to a friend who figured out how to buy directly from the Layla website and kindly let me piggyback on her order, I got the new colors without having to wait for a stateside supplier to stock them. (I could fill my cart on the Layla site, but actually checking out, not so much. Even with the help of Google Translate, there were some boxes I didn't know how to fill in.)

Today I've got what I think is the star of the new octect, Misty Blush. This a plummy brownish purple linear holo. I applied two coats of it over Nfu Oh Aqua Base. (I bought the Layla Hologram Effect Base File ages ago but am hesitant to try it lest I get carried away and weaken my nails with too much buffing, so Aqua Base it is.) Even in the soft filtered illumination of my lightbox, you can see all the colors peeking out from this.





Next to a window, but still indoors, things get a little more vibrant:



Outside in the sun? Holy crap, look at the rainbows!







Sometimes the rainbows are bright and sometimes they're more subtle, but they are never far away. A tilt of the hand and boom!





Standing inside with sunlight filtering through a window works too. Is there a corner of your bedroom where the late afternoon light hits at a comfortable height for you to just stand there admiring your nail polish? If so, put on Misty Blush and go there and enjoy the show.



When I put this on, it was just supposed to be a swatching session, where I'd take some pictures and move on to the next polish. But I just couldn't remove it off right away. I had to wear it a while and admire it in more lighting conditions, then take photos in odd places at odd angles, like on my laptop keyboard and my kitchen table.





Obviously, I recommend you get this one if you can. I am hoping Ulta and AveYou.com will get this second set like they did the first ones. I did see these new colors listed at NinjaPolish.com but shown as out of stock.

Let me leave you now with more rainbows...



Have a great weekend, everyone!

Post a Comment

0 Comments