Today I'm sharing my thoughts on Orly's Digital Glitter. Digital Glitter was released in the fall of 2013 for the Surreal Collection. Looking at the bottle you'd expect this polish to be your typical glitter bomb. But in reality, Digital Glitter has a clear base with fuchsia shimmer. A mix of gold square and hex glitters and red micro glitter round out the colors.
I know this was meant to primarily be used as a topper, I decided to see just how many coats it would take to reach full coverage. While not as many as I was expecting, it still took 4 semi thick coats to cover 98% my nails. By this time the polish was starting to look really think, so I gave up on the full coverage idea. I was rewarded with a TON of sparkle for my efforts.
| The photo was taken in a lightbox |
I had a lot of trouble trying to photograph Digital Glitter. I had to turn my hand away from every light source, just to get some of the color to show up. Unfortunately, I lost a lot of the sparkle that way.
| The photo was taken in a lightbox |
You can get a glimpse of the sparkle in this macro shot. Digital Glitter appears more purple on the nails, my camera kept wanting to capture the gold glitters. This polish is so pretty in real life that I feel like this review doesn't do it justice. It's lighter, has a more purple look to it, and just sparkles like the sun.
| The photo was taken in Natural Lighting |
Overall I'd say you're better off using Digital Glitter as a topper, instead of trying to get full coverage. It's a prettier polish than my photos show, and I think it's a great addition to have in your collection. I feel like a bad blogger for not being able to showcase this polish properly. But I hope you enjoyed this post anyway.
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Polishing!

0 Comments