This style feature is not on a Yahdie aka Jamaican this time around, but it's still close to home. Justin "JUS BUS" Nation is an American born Producer / Graphic Designer / Singer / Song Writer who was raised between Antigua and Barbuda and is now still residing in Antigua. My Jamaican readers will of course know popular disc jock, Bambino, who Nation has actually co-produced with on such riddims as Caribbean Girl and Warhead.
Justin has been a friend of mine for about four years now and I've always admired his creativity, his laid back sense of style and his striking resemblance to Justin Timberlake lol. He'll probably kill me for mentioning that, but on a serious note his style is definitely worthy for this feature and has that great Caribbean flair that I love and can appreciate. Hopefully he will inspire you guys in more ways than one.
JB: Describe a day in the life of Jus Bus
JUSBUS: Random, creative, fun, focused, free spirited are some of the things that can be said. I wake up most mornings at 6am, get up do all the normal things like everybody else, brush my teeth, wash my skin then I make myself some fresh bush tea and breakfast. Once I'm done with that I either pick back up creative works from yesterday or start a new project or finish pending projects.Whether it be music production, singing, song writing, graphic designing and my latest hobby,photography, I always stay active. I like sharpening my mind all the time so I absorb everything around me and push it back into my art and music. My aim is to inspire and enlighten the world through my life story and the body of creative works I have to offer.
JB: If I was to show up at your house right now, what would you be wearing?
JUSBUS: Just a pair of shorts. I live in Antigua so it's usually hot most days so I like to stay cool.
JB: How important is style to you?
JUSBUS: Well style is very important for the fact that you need to be your own individual to stand out amongst the rest. Especially if you have a message to give, just don't obsess over it.
JB: Do you think your style is reflective of a particular time period/ public figure?
JUSBUS: I just do whatever feels right. I'm sure maybe subconsciously some of it is reflective of an older era in style. I'm very inspired by 60's,70's and 80's music especially classic 70's rock music and old studio 1 Reggae. I have been inspired by so many things in life so it's hard to tell. I might pick up on something here or there but I don't go looking for the next trendy thing every minute. I just work with what I have and make it work for me.
JB: What's your favorite accessory?
JUSBUS: My Vintage Designer Shades By Emmanuelle Khanh.
JUSBUS: Her skin. I know it ain't clothing but if she is comfortable in her own skin then she can pull off almost anything with even the simplest of things and that is sexy.
JB: Complete this sentence: Every man should have a ________ in his closet.
JUSBUS: dream and a vision
JB: Is there a particular fashion trend that you absolutely hate?
JUSBUS: I'm just not into trends. I'm not a fan of the word "swag", I think it is over saturated now. It was fun for awhile but I think we should go back to saying things like "great sense of style." In my opinion you should treat your style like royalty as if you were a king or a queen. Don't water it down, it will enhance your character as an individual.
JB: Who is your favorite designer/brand?
JUSBUS: I don't really have one, but I do have a bit of H&M. I like their stuff. I'm not a very big person and I like clothes that fit me.
JB: What was the last piece of clothing/ accessory that you bought?
JUSBUS: hmmm haven't bought anything in awhile, I did however just cut down a pair of pants to shorts with a jagged knife to rip the edges up for a vintage sort of feel. I do that sometimes. I improvise and refresh.
JB: Tell us about your favorite fashion moment(where were you and what were you wearing)
JUSBUS: I'm not a conceited person. so I don't really know. lol. :s
*****Why does Justin feel you have to be conceited to know this??? lol!
JB: Any fashion advice for our male and female readers?
JUSBUS: Well in my opinion do what works for you. If it don't feel right don't force it. If you can't put it together in 15 mins. you're trying too hard. You should know yourself,what you have and what you are capable of. If you get bored, remix it! The longer you take the less natural it's gonna be. You want your sense of style to flow with who you are not anybody else. Don't let the pressures of social acceptance deter you from something you might feel good about, clothing or accessory wise. Be confident,watch your style grow and if you can't buy it or find it, make it!
http://picasaweb.google.com/jusbusagain








0 Comments